Saturday, August 12, 2006


Manifesting from Wholeness: A Kabbalistic Perspective

The beauty of realizing Life's dreams and aspirations comes from truly manifesting in alignment with one's True Nature -- who we truly are, not who we think we are or pretend to be. Within each moment of being present and aware of our True Nature we experience an indescribable aliveness. This aliveness flows throughout our very being and that which is manifested from that place of authenticity (truth, harmony) is preciously real. It's real because it's not an image of something created by the Ego. It's real because both the Relative and Absolute worlds are transcended.

Lately I've been working with quite a number of clients in helping them with their own manifesting projects, mostly dealing with big life-transitions. Some of these clients are somewhat knowledgeable about Kabbalah because of the work we've done together in our Integrated Kabbalistic Healing sessions. These are the clients who are also very interested in understanding how Kabbalistic wisdom and understanding fit into their own manifesting process. As is often the case, we get to their question for me: How do YOU do it!? I always find it interesting how others think that it's easy for me -- easy to manifest what I want in life. Actually, there's quite a paradox here, because it is easy and it's not. I go through my own periods of struggle which (a) other people don't necessarily recognize, and (b) the struggle is really part of the process.

From this point on, I'm going to be using a lot of Kabbalistic language. If you're reading this article and would like to learn more about Kabbalah and manifesting, contact me.

Manifesting from my Tree of Life
One of the reasons that I'm able to manifest so easily, I think, is my determination and perserverence (Netzach). Once I make up my mind that I want to do something, it's like the wheels begin to turn directing my focus and attention on the efforts I need to make in order to bring whatever it is into Reality. My Netzach needs to be in balance with my (Hod), and this is especially true when my efforts are directed toward manifesting something in the world.

There are times when my confidence (Hod) wavers -- it's there and then it's not. When this wavering of confidence is happening, it's because there are a number of things happening within my Tree. Hod is also about identity and what we're identified with. My confidence wavers when, rather than being identified with the part of me that holds the vision of what is possible from the view of my True Nature, I'm identifying with an image of myself that the Ego is creating. The Ego is a master image-maker. I know this about the Ego and yet I forget.

If I'm identifying with an image of myself, then I'm not seated in Reality! These images are not real. These images are manufactured by the Ego as a means of protecting itself. And, if I'm responding to Life experiences as an image of who I am, this affects how I relate to others and how I see others. Image-selves see other image-selves. That's not even a real relationship!

The foundation from where I stand and my connection to everything is supported by Yesod and Yesod informs, feeds (Malkhut --physical reality) and how I see the world (Assiyah) . Here's an important piece, I think. Yesod is also informed by Tiferet (Harmony). For me, that's where the "not my Will but Thine" comes in. Tiferet is also connected to Keter (Will). When every aspect on my Tree is in proper relationship, there is absolutely no difference between my will and God's Will. Truth with a capital "T" comes from a healthy Tiferet, so how could it even be possible for there not to be One-Will (I don't know how I know this, honestly; it just feels right).

When my Gevurah (judgement, boundaries) are too strong and rigid, I'm much too contracted. And, in this state of contraction, I have very little love and kindness (Hesed) for myself. It's obvious, looking back at the times when I've been so constricted/contracted, that I needed Hesed's expansiveness. Isn't that always the way though? We hardly ever recognize when we're in that contracted state -- we're too contracted. My Tiferet won't resolve (reach Harmony) until I do recognize my contractedness and relax, let go with love and kindness (expansion). In that very moment, where Gevurah and Hesed are in relationship with each other, providing the balance that I need, THAT's when the separation between my will and God's dissolves into One-Will. This is not about doing what a parent wants us to do against our will. This is about being mature enough to see that we both want the same thing. What is this same thing? It's not the object alone that we're wanting to manifest! It's the Divinity within the object and knowing there's no separation.

Some people have issues with the word "God" -- I don't. Probably the only issues I have around the word "God" is about others limiting who and what God is. That said, I wonder if a number of issues around manifesting what one wants in Life isn't also about a contracted-belief in God. I see this contracted-belief in God as one of those images created by the Ego. It's just an image and yet the images the Ego creates often hold us back from being in Life, the Real.


I love this Goethe quote: "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creativity), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless and splendid plans; that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed have come his way.”
(to be continued)

No comments: