Friday, February 03, 2012

New Insights into EFT/TFT & the Truth

Anyone who knows me, knows that it's very important for me to know and experience the truth.  I love the truth!  No matter what it is, as long as it is the truth, that's what I want to experience.  I've studied with a number of spiritual teachers and healers, each one offering their own perspective of how to experience and understand the truth.  I get the reality of the fact that there are a gazillion levels of truth and that our perception of truth changes as we change.

So, in wanting to know, and being open to, the truth about what happened in my EFT session, I had to sit in the mystery of unknowing for weeks.  Just sitting in the unknown was not particularly pleasant for my ego-personality, so now and again I would surf the internet to see what I could find about EFT/TFT and shifts in perspective.

One of the catch-phrases that I heard over and over was "the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body's energy system."  Those words irritated me and THAT interested me.  It sounds too new-agey for me.  It sounds like something people just repeat whether they really know what it means or not.  And words repeated like that remind me of unconsciously reciting prayers -- or the pledge of allegiance, or anything else that's recited from memory -- from dead space without presence. (Note: I am NOT saying that prayers or pledges cannot be said from presence.  I'm saying that I've witnessed many folks doing it without presence.)

So, I continued to be with the not-knowing and wanting to know the truth about that shift I experienced; AND, now I'm wanting to know the truth of that statement about negative emotions being a disruption (blah blah blah).  Well, I got it . . . at least some part of the truth and it's still unfolding.  Here's what I've got so far:
What's a disruption?  It's a break, a delay, or an interruption. 
What's a negative emotion?  A natural human response in the form of a defensive mechanism, i.e., anger.  And, what the emotion is defending is a thought, an idea or a belief.
Imagine watching an energy system monitor in real-time (could be similar to a heart monitor or a truth detector monitor).  As you watch the monitor, everything seems to have a natural rhythm when suddenly something spikes and you hear warning beeps.  What just happened?  A human being was just going about her day when suddenly someone said something to her about how slimming her dress made her look!  Immediately a thought arose in her head:  "You usually look fat but that dress makes you look slimmer."  Then, in response to that thought the defensive emotion -- Anger -- arises. 
Anger arises because she does NOT want to be seen as fat.  She does not want to feel fat.  She does not want to even think she's fat.  Anger is the response to the real problem -- the lie, the belief or idea, the thought that she's something that she should NOT be.  Anger is the  "disruption" in the energy system; Anger is also the gateway into the Truth.  This disruption says:  "Hey, look at me!  Be curious about what's happening here.  Let's look deeper and see the Truth."
My tapping session with Gail did not "get rid of" a negative emotion.  It actually acknowledge exactly what was there at the time and only after seeing what was truly there was I able to experience clarity of the truth (a clear true reality).  The false image of what was real dissolved because it was replaced by the truth.

What we consider as negative emotions are NOT things we need to get rid of nor ignore.  Negative emotions are difficult to experience because we've never been taught how to work with them.

visit my website and my FaceBook page

No comments: