Saturday, May 21, 2011

WEEK 1 HESED
Day 1, Hesed within Hesed

Hesed (lovingkindness, ever-flow, no boundaries, no restraint, unconditional giving)


How am I experiencing ever-flow this day? Have I had opportunities to offer something to others unconditionally (my presence, generosity, love)? Where do I tend to not have any restraint? And, in my inner world, have I experienced lovingkindness to myself from myself? How so?

My whole day opened-up -- no appointments, no rushed deadlines.  I actually had continuous opportunities to be aware of my day unfolding naturally without any pressure (externally or internally).  At some point, I had this realization that this day is a gift . . . of love.  Even cleaning out and organizing a kitchen drawer seemed effortless; there was no prior planning to even clean out that drawer.  It was spontaneous.  No rushing.  Peaceful, easy, with lots of presence.  This day was a day of giving space to myself . . . for myself . . . for no reason.  It didn't have anything to do with whether I deserved it or not.

No comments: