Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WEEK 1 HESED
Day 4, Netzach within Hesed



Hesed (lovingkindness, ever-flow, no boundaries, no restraint, unconditional giving)

Netzach (victory, conquering, eternity, security, dominance -- also, majesty, determination, perseverance)

I wonder . . . what's a victory without winning or losing?  Where do I recognize my own determination?  And, where do I see it in others?  How am I steadfast and focused yet not closed?

All during the day I let these questions be in my field as "not knowing."  Sometimes when I ask open questions like these I find the answers just are not accessible [at that time].  And, at times like that my mind wants to figure it out instead of just letting the realization arise on its own.

Throughout the day an image of someone I know kept coming into my mind-screen -- he's a mountain-climber [among other things, of course].  Then, in the midst of his image showing up, I wondered if he feels victorious when he reaches a mountain's summit.  I would think so [I need to remember to ask him].  And, in that victory, is he the winner?  Who's the loser?  I don't know.

Now, actually, I can see how when I figure something out [like on the computer] I do feel victorious.  Maybe the part of me that doubted that I'd figure it out was the loser?  Ha! Here I also recognize my determination even when there's a part of me that doubts myself.  Here I see clearly how my being steadfast and focused does not close me to guidance, because oftentimes the "way" is clearly revealed like out-of-the-blue.

No comments: