Saturday, May 28, 2011

WEEK 2 GEVURAH
Day 8, Hesed within Gevurah



Hesed (lovingkindness, ever-flow, no boundaries, no restraint, unconditional giving)

Gevurah (strength, judgement, justice, boundaries, restraint)

First, dropping into Gevurah-consciousness feels good to me in that I can experience my essential strength -- that which is intrinsic to myself, to who I am.  As I let myself sit here and sense into the other aspects of Gevurah, I can see how it's easy to become rigid.  I wonder if this is the domain of the SuperEgo -- a nega-Gevurah (distorted, unbalanced).  Here too are standards and rules which are necessary in life but can also become fixed and limiting.

Yes, and that's where Hesed comes in . . . Gevurah's partner from across the way.  As I let in some Hesed into this Gevurah-consciousness, I feel like I can have strong boundaries that have some give to them -- a little flexibility where needed.  I get a sense of how I can say "no" with kindness and love.

No comments: