Sunday, May 29, 2011

WEEK 2 GEVURAH
Day 9, Gevurah within Gevurah



Gevurah (strength, judgement, justice, boundaries, restraint)

This gate surprised me; I thought it would be uncomfortable experiencing Gevurah within Gevurah.  My "idea" of it was limiting -- almost smothering in that it left no room (at first) for me to experience the gate directly and in the moment. Once I recognized that it was my "idea" that was limiting me, I let myself go through the day being open to see how it would unfold.  [note: I think it's important for me to write an acknowledgement here that "ideas" do limit us, limit our experience of "what is."  That doesn't mean we shouldn't have ideas.  It just means we can be more awake when we see our ideas arise.]

A good chunk of my day was focused on the Labyrinth field trip for my meditation class -- meeting as a group within a set time and place (Gevurah); getting there (using both a Google map and my navigation system are both Gevuric in nature); walking the labyrinth itself (I'll write more on this piece); and then getting back home.  I'll mention briefly that one of the ladies discovered she had a flat tire when we returned to the parking lot where we'd left her car.  Changing her tire involved a step-by-step process as well as reading the car manual.

The labyrinth itself is a pattern within a pattern.  It's a defined area that contains a pattern of a winding path.  The "rule" is basically to "stay on the path."  While walking the path, keeping within the boundaries, thoughts and emotions come and go. (note: it was surprising to see the freedom with which these thoughts and emotions would come and go -- within the gate of Gevurah within Gevurah.)


A realization at the end of the day -- my experience of this gate is never constant, it changes as I change . . . as the wind blows and moves the branches of the tree.

No comments: