Sunday, May 22, 2011

WEEK 1 HESED
Day 2, Gevurah within Hesed

Hesed (lovingkindness, ever-flow, no boundaries, no restraint, unconditional giving)

Gevurah (strength, judgement, justice, boundaries, restraint)

In what ways do I take pauses during the day, within the flow of time and thoughts throughout my day, to check-in with myself to see what I'm experiencing in that very moment?  Which boundaries do I find easier to establish?  Which are hardest for me?  What laws (rules) does my mind hold tightly?  How do these ideas and beliefs show themselves in my life today?  And, how do these rules limit me from experiencing loving-kindness from the universe?  From myself?
 

Especially because it was my intent "to pause" (to check-in with myself) during the day, I discovered something (new &) unexpected about boundaries.  I knew the pause would be a boundary (somehow), but the direct experience was vital for a fresh understanding.  The pause itself was like a "freeze-frame" within a stream that consists of (unconscious) thoughts, mostly carried along in the stream as part of the stream.  Somehow that pause creates a space where I'm out of the unconscious stream and now conscious of myself in the present moment.
 
Also, today I experienced moments where I "caught" (saw where) a rule (an idea or belief) arose in my mind . . . and I could see how "going along with it" would be limiting my experience.  These rules -- if I do this, then that will happen -- really do limit the possibilities.  Something quite extraordinary might happen -- and it did (more than once).  


No comments: