Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WEEK 1 HESED
Day 5, Hod within Hesed



Hesed (lovingkindness, ever-flow, no boundaries, no restraint, unconditional giving)

Hod (splendor, empathy, thankfulness, gratefulness, submission, surrender, joy)


During the four years I was in the Kabbalistic Healing school (A Society of Souls), I learned to embody each of these qualities. I had a particular affinity toward the qualities, or aspects, associated with Hod. AND, I had a LOT to learn about Hod even after I graduated from the school.

One of the aspects associated with Hod (not mentioned above) has to do with a sense of self. Gradually over the years my understanding deepened as I continued to recognize each of the manifold selves within my Self. I understand better now how each of the selves came about as a means to guard & protect me. And, the discoveries continue as I uncover who I truly am.

What's important for me today, as I enter into this fifth gate, is to truly experience lovingkindness for each of these selves within my psyche who, in their way, are trying to protect me from the world.  I can feel thankfulness, grateful, for how each of them served me when I was young.

That said, it seems that the more "together" I can be with all of me moving through the world as ONE then the more wholly and completely I'll experience LIFE.  The question that arises now is How do I surrender to the greater wholeness of myself?  This question reverberates throughout every level of my being . . . including all my selves, even the ones I have not remembered.

No comments: