Wednesday, June 01, 2011

WEEK 2 GEVURAH
Day 12, Hod within Gevurah



Hod (splendor, empathy, thankfulness, gratefulness, submission, surrender, joy)

Gevurah (strength, judgement, justice, boundaries, restraint)

I'm very interested to see how my day unfolds within this gate of consciousness.  So far, my morning has consisted of working together with a colleague inquiring into a space where I felt both touched and wary (actually, it was fear).  Seeing the paradox of truly experiencing both of these states together was interesting and also allowed a deepening of understanding myself. Once I surrendered to the process to let it unfold and be whatever it is, to allow myself to experience Reality exactly as it is, I began to understand the fear.  It's quite a different experience to see oneself as an object of splendor and being (all encompassing) splendor itself. It's frightening to think of losing myself, or the object that's who I think I am -- even if the loss brings me to experiencing myself as True Nature -- as a multitude of essential qualities.  It's all quite mysterious and scary.  And, that's exactly what I'm here to do.

Note: The spiritual state identified in Chassidut as corresponding to hod is sincerity.

No comments: