Friday, June 03, 2011

WEEK 2 GEVURAH
Day 14, Malkhut within Gevurah


Malkhut (kingdom, the reflection of everything) Malkhut represents the power that ultimately unifies all the diverse powers of the Sefirot and holds everything together. Without Malkhut, creation would remain incomplete.

Gevurah (strength, judgement, justice, boundaries, restraint)

In this moment I'm remembering that while studying Kabbalah over the years, there's an understanding about malkhut and keter being wedged together -- keter being the beginning; malkhut being the end. And, as I recall this fact, I remember that the image of the ouroboros arose in my consciousness back then.  And, in this very moment, this image arises again.  Are you familiar with the ouroboros, the snake eating its tail?

The Zohar compares malkhut to the moon; it has no light of its own.  However, on the other hand, malkhut is the final revelation of the Divine Light for the entire process of manifestation -- in the beginning and continuously each and every moment of Life.

I'm wondering about this (Malkhut) being the 7th day of creation -- Shabbat -- cessation of work so that Creation can be revealed?  That was never something mentioned in my Catholic upbringing (not that I remember at any rate). Does this "cessation of work" merely mean to be still, stop efforting, just be . . . be the unfolding.

And, how does all this that I've been writing about fit inside the consciousness of Gevurah. Let's see how this day unfolds.

No comments: