Sunday, June 05, 2011

WEEK 3 TIFERET
Day 16, Gevurah within Tiferet



Gevurah (strength, judgement, justice, boundaries, restraint)

Tiferet (beauty, mercy, compassion, the harmonization of Gevurah & Hesed)

It's interesting how the mind works.  I looked at what this 16th Gate is called -- Gevurah within Tiferet -- and then immediately began to try to figure it out . . . a kind of worrying or picking at something.  One might ask "what's wrong with that?"  I think that's the way we're used to approaching life -- the way we face problems as well as moments of peace.  The mind wants to figure out how we got here and how to map it so that we can save it for later when we want to return again.

I began to notice that my chest/heart felt a little constricted and heavy and my breathing was shallow.  So, I stopped trying to figure all this gate stuff out and just focused on my breathing in my chest area.  Within moments I felt a loosening and I actually did not care any more about figuring out this gate.  ha!  As soon as that happened -- a letting go, I guess -- an image of the Red Rock Country (Utah, Arizona, New Mexico) arose in my mind-screen.  Such beauty!  And the strength and form of those land structures -- the Arches, etc. are so awesome.

No comments: